- Year of composition: 2007
- Duration: 11:38
- Instrumentation: electric guitar, processing and stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Tim Brady, with support from the CCA
- ISWC: T9125946341
- AAC, 320 kbps
- MP3, 320 kbps
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
In the background, there is schizophrenia, and more specifically the idea of a gap, of living one’s life in parallel to life. This work revolves around three key ideas: the emergence of parasitic voices, the repetition of obsessive rhythm patterns, and the ups and downs related to that state.
The composer thanks Tim Brady for introducing her to the world of the guitar — from guitar-making to selecting amplifiers — and to his interiorized and sophisticated playing.
[English translation: François Couture, vi-12]
Misfit was realized in 2007 at the composer’s studio and premiered by Tim Brady on March 21, 2007 at the Maison de la culture Ahuntsic-Cartierville in Montréal (Québec). The piece was commissioned by Tim Brady with support from the Canada Council for the Arts (CCA).
- 2007, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- March 21, 2007, Tim Brady, electric guitar • Concert, Maison de la culture Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Montréal (Québec)