- Year of composition: 2000
- Duration: 9:49
- Instrumentation: 8-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: ACREQ, with support from the CALQ
- ISWC: T9125946363
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
It’s about space; about organic movements moving inside a sound mass, forming a ring whose centre has been hollowed out, out of which rumbles a pressure to rebuild a centre, the act of rebuilding being constantly thwarted and repeated. To draw an identity out of an organic mass in fusion. The tension between perimeter and centre is the tension of the mass, moving sound materials borne out of digital transformations and the point, represented by the instrumental sound.
[English translation: François Couture, vi-12]
low memory #1 was realized in 2000 at the Métamorphoses d’Orphée studio of Musiques & Recherches in Ohain (Belgium) and at the composer’s studio and premiered on September 2, 2000 during the Hautes tensions concert at the 2nd Elektra festival produced by ACREQ at Usine C in Montréal. The piece was commissioned by ACREQ with support from the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ).
- 2000, Métamorphoses d’Orphée — Musiques & Recherches, Ohain (Belgium)
- 2000, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- September 2, 2000, Elektra 2: Hautes tensions, Usine C, Montréal (Québec)