- Year of composition: 2010
- Duration: 20:25
- Instrumentation: 16-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T8028817224
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
To Omar Alvarez
A universe of sound is surrounding us ‘from within.’ It’s composed of our dreams, fears and longings. It only exists within our body, our own imagination. We want to share it; but there are no words, no possible descriptions. We are sitting on a meadow on a warm night, alone, watching the stars. Nobody is disturbing our thoughts. Nobody is limiting our space. We don’t have to rush anywhere; we have time to let go and to follow these sounding creatures… It’s not a nightmare; it’s just the interplay of our imagination.
Firmament — schlaflos [Firmament — sleepless] was realized in 2010 at Harvard University Studio for Electroacoustic Composition (HUSEAC) (Cambridge, MA, USA) and premiered on July 29, 2010 during the festival Inventionen in St Elisabeth-Kirche in Berlin (Germany). Thanks to Sarah Sun (recorded voice).
- July 29, 2010, Inventionen 2010: BEASTory 2, St Elisabeth-Kirche, Berlin (Germany)
- 2010, Harvard University Studio for Electroacoustic Composition (HUSEC), Cambridge (Massachusetts, USA)
About this recording
Thisstereophonic version was realized in January 2015 at the composer’s studio.
- 2015-01, version 2.0: Personal studio, Somerville (Massachusetts, USA)