- Year of composition: 2012-13
- Duration: 10:35
- Instrumentation: MIDI percussion (malletKAT)
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- Commission: Rick Sacks, with support from the CCA and CALQ
- ISWC: T9167476133
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
Inspired freely by the novel The Golem by Gustav Meyrink (1868-1932).
This piece is designed to be fully “played” by a percusionist on a malletKAT (a marimba-like MIDI instrument) controling a sampler.
[English translation: François Couture, v-15]
Golem was realized in November and December 2012 at the Laboratório Electroacústico de Criação (Lab for Electroacoustic Creation, LEC) of Miso Music Portugal in Lisbon (Portugal) and in July 2013 at EMS (Stockholm, Sweden). It premiered on March 22, 2014 by Rick Sacks during the concert Rick Sacks Solo Electronic Show presented at The Array Space in Toronto (Canada). This work was commissioned by Rick Sacks with support from the CCA and the CALQ. Thanks to Rick Sacks, Miguel Azguime, Mats Lindström, and jef chippewa.
- March 22, 2014, Rick Sacks, malletKAT • Rick Sacks Solo Electronic Show, The Array Space, Toronto (Ontario, Canada)
- 2012-11 – 2012-12, Lab for Electroacoustic Creation — Miso Music Portugal — Miso Music Portugal, Lisbon (Portugal)
About this recording
This recording is a version without performer and was produced in 2015 in the composer’s studio.
- 2015, Personal studio, Drummondville (Québec)