- Year of composition: 2014
- Duration: 11:22
- Instrumentation: 5.1-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9158134533
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
Moorings develops soundworlds and music out of the sounds of maritime vessel mooring rings, lines (or hawsers) and chains, boat hulls moving against the different kinds of bumpers found alongside docks and piers, boat engines and the interaction of water in, around and underneath harbour berths and vessels.
Moorings was realized during periods of residency in the electroacoustic music studios at the Visby International Centre for Composers (VICC, Sweden) and EMS (Stockholm, Sweden), and at The University of Manchester (UK), and premiered on March 2, 2014 during the MANTIS 10 Years Festival (Manchester, UK). All sound material used in the work was recorded in Visby Harbour (Sweden). Special thanks to Manuella Blackburn for her assistance with the recordings.
- March 2, 2014, David Berezan, diffusion • MANTIS 10 Years Festival: Concert 3: New Works by Novars Composers, Cosmo Rodewald Concert Hall — Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama — The University of Manchester, Manchester (England, UK)
- Visby International Centre for Composers (VICC), Visby (Sweden)
- Elektronmusikstudion (EMS), Stockholm (Sweden)
- Electroacoustic Music Studios — University of Manchester, Manchester (England, UK)