- Year of composition: 2013
- Duration: 9:00
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9100102645
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
Scintilla: a spark, a glimmer, a particle of fire, a glittering speck. Carrie Fertig’s handmade, flame-worked glass instruments were the starting point for this piece. Sounds from these fascinating, oddly shaped objects create a dense, powerful, resonant texture, but at the same time we sense their fragility and vulnerability.
Scintilla was realized in 2013 in the studios of the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and premiered on February 11, 2013 in the Alexander Gibson Opera Studio in Glasgow (Scotland, UK).
- February 11, 2013, Electroacoustic Concert, Alexander Gibson Opera Studio — Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow (Scotland, UK)
- 2013, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (RCS), Glasgow (Scotland, UK)
- 2017-09-11 – 2017-09-18, Dominique Bassal • Studio Inverse, Montréal (Québec)