- Year of composition: 2013
- Duration: 9:52
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9210976479
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
A story, a text, a voice.
In very few words, it could be said that without Juno to put a curse on Echo, the latter’s story may have been forgotten, and I would not be here drawing it to your attention.
Through this piece, I tell in my own way the story of Echo’s metamorphosis. I hope I managed to do more than merely “repeat the words” of Ovid, as Echo does so well.
So I owe this story partly to Juno, and its text to Ovid, translated and adapted by Groupe de théâtre antique (GTA) based at Université de Neuchâtel (Switzerland).
[English translation: François Couture, iii-19]
Tout ça à cause de Junon [All Because of Juno] was realized in 2013 at the composer’s studio in Brussels (Belgium) and premiered on December 4, 2013, during the Concert de clôture “Mondialité” of the Journées nationales de l’électroacoustique 2013 at Auditorium Henri Dutilleux in Amiens (France). Special thanks to the Groupe de théâtre antique (GTA) of the Université de Neuchâtel (Switzerland) for translating and adapting Ovid’s text, and to Guy Delafontaine who so kindly lent me his voice.
- 2013, Personal studio, Brussels (Belgium)
- 2019-02, Montréal (Québec)
- December 4, 2013, Journées nationales de la musique électroacoustique 2013: Concert de clôture «Mondialité» des étudiants internationaux, Auditorium Henri Dutilleux, Amiens (Somme, France)