- Year of composition: 2018
- Duration: 14:27
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Musiques & Recherches
- ISWC: T9314904364
- 44,1 kHz, 24 bits
— Do you know the white-throated sparrow?
— Not at all? Me neither.
— It is a migratory bird that does not sleep during its migration periods.
— Sometimes, I too do not get enough sleep and work too much to the point of not knowing my name anymore. How about you?
— Today, sleeping is a project, a form of resistance, a desertion. To deny the highway of existence through sleep.
I advocate decline and, consequently, sleep for everyone. Wouldn’t we be happier if we were better rested? This work is a short manifesto for working less and sleeping more. I put it here, without giving it much hope.
[English translation: François Couture, iii-19]
Dormir, aujourd’hui [Sleep, Today] was realized in 2018 at the Métamorphoses d’Orphée studio of Musiques & Recherches in Ohain (Belgium) and premiered on October 28, 2018, during the Espace du son festival at Théâtre Marni in Brussels (Belgium). It was commissioned by Musiques & Recherches. Thanks to Laurent Plumhans for his text Le bruant, Yannick De Coster for his voice, and Joachim Glaude for his sound recordings.
- October 28, 2018, L’Espace du son 2018: Concert d’œuvres réalisées dans les studios Métamorphoses d’Orphée, Théâtre Marni, Brussels (Belgium)
- 2018, Métamorphoses d’Orphée — Musiques & Recherches, Ohain (Belgium)
- 2019-02, Montréal (Québec)