- Year of composition: 2013
- Duration: 7:32
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9314838910
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
Déchirure: a tearing, a painful separation…
This piece involves a number of ‘déchirures,’ both musical as well as figurative (personal separations; the plaintive cry of the distant train…) although the only literal ‘tearing’ is saved for the final phrase. It is also a reference to the sound materials: through the act of recording, these have been ripped from the world and moment which gave them birth, to be reappropriated through the creative act that resulted in this piece.
Déchirure was realized in 2013 in Studio Erkki of Sibelius-Akatemia in Helsinki (Finland) and premiered on November 14, 2013 during the MuTeFest’13 festival in the Black Box of the Musiikkitalo (Music Centre) in Helsinki (Finland). The piece was composed for the Presque rien 2013 project, for which sounds from Luc Ferrari’s archives were made available for the composition of new works. Thanks to Brunhild Ferrari. Déchirure was awarded the 2nd prize at the Prix biennal Presque rien (Paris, France, 2013).
- November 14, 2013, MuTeFest’13: Almost Nothing — The Music of Luc Ferrari, Black Box — Musiikkitalo, Helsinki (Finland)
- 2nd prize, Prix biennal Presque rien 2013, Paris (France)
- Prize, Ars Electronica Forum Wallis 2016, Leuk (Switzerland)
- 2013, Studio Erkki — Sibelius-Akatemia, Helsinki (Finland)