- Year of composition: 2014
- Duration: 7:00
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Spor Festival
- ISWC: T9314895982
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
Spores began life as one half of a dual work, in two contrasting forms: Part A for fixed medium, and Part B for piano and percussion. The fixed medium portion has since claimed its independence, as a work on its own. It is composed entirely from a few short passages recorded inside a piano.
Spores was realized in 2014 in Studio Erkki of Sibelius-Akatemia in Helsinki (Finland), and premiered on May 9, 2014 under the title The Friedman Translations: Translation A during the Spor Festival in Godsbanen in Aarhus (Denmark). The piece was commissioned by Spor Festival. Thanks to Anna Berit Asp Christensen, Mark Knoop, Anne Marqvardsen, and Serge Vuille.
- May 9, 2014, Under the title The Friedman Translations: Translation A: Spor 2014: Create! Compose! Combine!, Godsbanen – Åbne Scene, Aarhus (Denmark)
- 2014, Studio Erkki — Sibelius-Akatemia, Helsinki (Finland)
- 2019-02-14, James Andean • MTI Research Centre — De Montfort University, Leicester (England, UK)