- Year of composition: 2008
- Duration: 11:58
- Instrumentation: 8-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9027865470
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
The source material for this piece was all recorded at the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley in West Midlands county (England, UK). Past Links encompasses all aspects of the museum and consequently the industrial heritage of the area. Chain making, fairground rides, barges, glass engraving and various bits of machinery are captured in a rich sonic landscape of a bygone age.
Past Links was realized in 2008 at the Electroacoustic Music Studios of the University of Birmingham (UK) and premiered on March 8, 2008 during the 25 Years of BEAST Festival in Birmingham (England, UK). Thanks to the staff of the Black Country Living Museum. Past Links was awarded a Mention at the 35th Bourges international Electroacoustic Music and Sound Art Competition (France, 2008) and a Special Mention in the 5th Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition Métamorphoses 2008 (Ohain, Belgium).
- March 8, 2008, 25 Years of BEAST, Birmingham (England, UK)
- Mention, Work of Abstract Music Prize, 35th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music and Sound Art Competition 2008, Bourges (Cher, France)
- Special Mention, 5th Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition Métamorphoses 2008, Ohain (Belgium)
- 2008, Electroacoustic Music Studios — University of Birmingham, Birmingham (England, UK)