- Year of composition: 2015
- Duration: 7:13
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9314895937
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
The title of the work, Ballistichory, refers to a mode of seed dispersal. Fracturing of the seed pod releases stored elastic energy into kinetic energy launching its contents. The term reflects musical processes as well as timbral qualities of the work. Spore scattering, energy accumulation and release, are the reoccurring motifs which drive the narrative here.
Ballistichory was realized at the composer’s studio at the end of 2014 and premiered during the concert Electronic Geographies 2 presented by Miso Music Portugal on March 28, 2015 at the O’culto da Ajuda in Lisbon (Portugal). The work was awarded the 1st prize at the Open Circuit competition (Liverpool, UK, 2016), an Honorable Mention at the acousmatic category at the 8th Destellos Electroacoustic Composition Competition (Mar del Plata, Argentina, 2015), and was a finalist in the Klang! competition (Montpellier, France, 2015).
- March 28, 2015, Electronic Geographies 2, O’culto da Ajuda, Lisbon (Portugal)
- Mention, Fixed medium, 8th Destellos Competition 2015, Mar del Plata (Argentina)
- Prize, Open Circuit 2016, Liverpool (England, UK)
- ca 2014-10 – ca 2014-12, Personal studio, Leeds (England, UK)