- Year of composition: 2002-03
- Duration: 4:49
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: DeutschlandRadio Berlin
- ISWC: T0044061633
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
Purzelbäume [Somersaults] is an electroacoustic “klango.” The term “klango” was proposed by the commissioning organization to suggest a sound element (klang) with a tango rhythm. The idea was to create an electroacoustic piece one could dance to. The Spanish translation dando tumbos refers to a traditional Argentine tango text.
[English translation: François Couture, iii-19]
Purzelbäume was realized in 2002-03 at the composer’s studio in Paris (France) and premiered on March 23, 2003, under the title Dando Tumbos at the Sonic Arts Lounge (Berlin, Germany) as part of MaerzMusik. It was commissioned by DeutschlandRadio Berlin (Germany).
- 2002 – 2003, Personal studio, Paris (France)
- March 22, 2003, MaerzMusik 2003: Sonic Arts Lounge — Tangos und Klangos, Berliner Festspiele, Berlin (Germany)