- Year of composition: 2008, 10
- Duration: 8:41
- Instrumentation: 8-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T7023715973
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
Swiss sculptor Oscar Wiggli is a dialogue between strength and delicateness, a contrast between the huge power of the forged work and the lightness of drawings, between iron and sound, between the clamour of the workshop and the quietness of the composition studio, because Oscar Wiggli was also an electroacoustic composer. forte-piano draws inspiration from these dynamic opposites to sketch a portrait of the artist (who died in 2016).
[English translation: François Couture, ix-20]
forte-piano was realized in 2008 at the composer’s studio in Avignon (France) and premiered on September 20, 2008 as part of a concert celebrating the 80th anniversary of Swiss sculptor and electroacoustic music composer Oscar Wiggli at the Town Hall of Saignelégier (Switzerland). The work was revised in December 2010.
- 2008, Personal studio, Avignon (Vaucluse, France)
- 2010-12, Personal studio, Avignon (Vaucluse, France)
- September 20, 2008, Concert, Hôtel de ville, Saignelégier (Switzerland)
About this recording
This version is a stereophonic reduction of the 8-channel original.