- Year of composition: 2007
- Duration: 9:59
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9002819638
- 44,1 kHz, 24 bits
To my father, Peter, and my nephew, Sam
This music was inspired by my thoughts regarding age and passing time. Sometimes time does not pass swiftly enough, yet on other occasions it moves by too quickly. During the ageing process one’s experience of time passing changes (days, weeks, months, and years go by more quickly than ever), while one’s bodily functions gradually slow down. Thus, the concept behind the piece developed into the idea of ‘slowing down.’ This is represented in the music by a process in which intensity, variability and volatile activity gradually tend towards calmness. As such the music is concerned with the processes of change.
10_35_70 was realized in 2007 at the composer’s studio and at the Electroacoustic Music Studios of City, University of London (England, UK) and premiered on March 6, 2007 at City, University of London. Thanks to Laura Reid for her cello. 10_35_70 received a Special Mention in the 3rd Destellos Electroacoustic Composition Competition (Mar del Plata, Argentina, 2010).
- March 6, 2007, Electroacoustic Concert Series, Performance Space — College Building — City, University of London, London (England, UK)
- 2007, Personal studio
- 2007, Sound Studios — City, University of London, London (England, UK)
- 2020-08-01 – 2020-08-14, Dominique Bassal • Studio Inverse, Montréal (Québec)