- Year of composition: 2015
- Duration: 10:16
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9257390888
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
This piece was composed with an aspiration to some kind of peace of mind. It was realized in a time of great upheaval. Flute recordings made with musician Julie Delisle and timpani recordings were used in creating the basic sound materials for the piece, to which layers of sound synthesis were added. The materials were deconstructed, fragmented and rebuilt into a textural symphony aspiring to a kind of luminous openness.
[English translation: François Couture, v-20]
Éclats | Blanc [Shards | White] was realized in 2015 at the studios of the Faculty of Music of the Université de Montréal (Québec) and premiered on March 10, 2016, during the concert Soundwich (6) presented at Conservatoire de musique de Montréal (Québec). Thanks to Julie Delisle (recorded flutes) and to Robert Normandeau for listening several times. Éclats | Blanc won the 2nd Prize at the Jeu de temps / Times Play competition (JTTP, 2017) of the Canadian Electroacoustic Community (CEC), the 1st Prize at the Concours du Cercle des étudiants compositeurs of Université de Montréal (CéCo, Montréal, 2015), and the Colloque Musimorphoses International Composition Competition (Montréal, 2017).
- March 10, 2016, Électrochoc 2015-16: Électrochoc 5: Soundwich (6), Studio multimédia — Conservatoire de musique de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)
- Prize, Musimorphoses 2017, Montréal (Québec)
- 2nd prize, JTTP 2017: 18th Jeu de temps / Times Play, Canada
- 2015, Faculté de musique – Université de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)