- Year of composition: 2016
- Duration: 16:55
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: MoKS Kunstikeskus
- ISWC: T9276073519
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
Omega 3 resulted from a creative residency with accordionist Tuulikki Bartosik around an abandoned factory in the woods in Estonia. It brings together a large number of sounds made by industrial objects, sounds from the surroundings, accordion sounds, and voice sounds. This piece uses elements of traditional Nordic folk music to present an exploration of the current cultural landscape with its heritage from the past.
[English translation: François Couture, ii-22]
Omega 3 was realized from May to July 2016 as part of a creative residency at MoKS Kunstikeskus in Mooste (Estonia) and was premiered on July 2, 2016 for the opening of the exhibition Omega 3 in Mooste (Estonia). It was commissioned by MoKS Kunstikeskus. Thanks to Evelyn Grzinich and John Grzinich.
- July 2, 2016, Omega 3 — Opening Concert, Mooste Seed Sorting Factory, Mooste (Estonia)
- 2016-05 – 2016-07, MoKS Kunstikeskus, Mooste (Estonia)