- Year of composition: 2016
- Duration: 11:11
- Instrumentation: 5-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9205723304
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
An Almost Abstract Experience goes through a number of tableaux made with a selection of eclectic sounds recorded in October-November 2016 in Stockholm (Stockholms Saxofonkvartett) and Visby (composition students at the Gotlands Tonsättarskola).
This is one of Vanessa Massera’s rare works made using studio-recorded sounds almost exclusively. The resulting sonic environment is much less based on the identifiable spaces usually present in her music. Here, the writing is overrun by untethered imagination.
[English translation: François Couture, ii-22]
An Almost Abstract Experience was realized in the fall of 2016 at the Visby International Centre for Composers (VICC, Sweden) and was premiered on January 21, 2017 during the concert Musik komponerad i Studio Alpha på Tonsättarcentrum as part of the FRST festival at Gotlands Konstmuseum in Visby (Sweden). Thanks to Sten Melin at the VICC for the invitation.
- January 21, 2017, FRST 2017: Musik komponerad i Studio Alpha på Tonsättarcentrum, Gotlands Konstmuseum, Visby (Sweden)
- 2016-10-27, Stockholm (Sweden)
- 2016-11, Visby (Sweden)
- 2016-10 – 2016-11, Visby International Centre for Composers (VICC), Visby (Sweden)