- Year of composition: 1995
- Duration: 15:13
- Instrumentation: piano, synthetizer (Roland JV-80, Max/MSP sampler) and stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: SMCQ, with support from the CALQ
- ISWC: T0703682443
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
I completed this piece thanks to the help of Chopin who, for the occasion, loaned me his Fantaisie-Impromptu in
Impromptu 2 premiered on January 30, 1996 by Manuel Schweizer, piano, and Anne Gaudemer, keyboard both from the Ensemble Grame, during the concert Live from Lyon produced by SMCQ at Salle Pierre-Mercure in Montréal. Impromptu 2 was commissioned by the SMCQ with support from the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ).
- 1994, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- January 30, 1996, Manuel Schweizer, piano; Anne Gaudemer, keyboard • Live from Lyon, Salle Pierre-Mercure — Centre Pierre-Péladeau, Montréal (Québec)
About this sound recording
This version of Impromptu 2 was performed by Brigitte Poulin, piano, and David Cronkite, keyboard, recorded at the Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur in July 2014, and remixed at the composer’s studio in November 2021.
- 2014-08 – 2014-10, Yves Daoust • Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- 2014-11-04, Dominique Bassal • Studio Inverse, Montréal (Québec)