- Year of composition: 1990
- Duration: 3:00
- Instrumentation: electric guitar and stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- Commission: empreintes DIGITALes
- ISWC: T0702933081
This piece was born of the desire after fifteen years, to collaborate with the guitarist René Lussier. Using his talent for improvisation, I have employed the wide variety of timbres and sound matter from his interpretation. The tape consists of a succession of very dense and expressive scenes onto which the guitar’s living and playful gestures are placed.
Gilles Gobeil [xi-90]
Associations libres [Free Associations] was realized in July, 1990 at the Studio Ondes (Montréal, Québec). Thanks to the Canada Council [for the Arts] (CCA). Associations libres was awarded the Silver Award — Most Outstanding Sound Design at the British Design & Art Direction 2002 (UK).
- 1990-07, Studio Ondes, Montréal (Québec)
- November 2, 1990, Montréal musiques actuelles / New Music America, Acousmonium: Concert 6: Électro clips, Théâtre Les Loges, Montréal (Québec)
- March 7, 2015, Live mixed version premiere: Patrice Soletti, electric guitar; Julien Guillamat, diffusion • Figures du siècle, Salle Pasteur — Le Corum, Montpellier (Hérault, France)
- René Lussier, electric guitar
Associations libres (1990, 3:00) by Gilles Gobeil