- Year of composition: 1986
- Duration: 12:45
- Instrumentation: clarinet (bass clarinet) and interactive system
- Publisher(s): Ymx média / Yul média
- ISWC: T0703694523
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
A Digital Eclogue, created in close collaboration with Claude Schryer, is my earliest software composition designed for interaction with an acoustic instrumentalist. The piece represents an interest in working with the very simplest of musical elements: groupings of pitch, rhythm, and dynamics. This focus helps to illuminate the relationship between performer and computer.
A Digital Eclogue was realized at The Banff Centre for the Arts where it premiered in March 1986.
- March 1986, Claude Schryer, clarinet, bass clarinet • Concert, The Banff Centre for the Arts, Banff (Alberta, Canada)
- Mention, Live Electroacoustic Music Prize, 14th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition 1986, Bourges (Cher, France)
- 1986-03, The Banff Centre for the Arts, Banff (Alberta, Canada)
About this recording
The present recording was realized in June 1986, and edited at the Luscar Studio of The Banff Centre for the Arts in October 1990.
- 1986-06, Luscar Studio — The Banff Centre for the Arts, Banff (Alberta, Canada)
- 1986-10, Luscar Studio — The Banff Centre for the Arts, Banff (Alberta, Canada)