- Year of composition: 1984
- Duration: 10:11
- Instrumentation: piano and stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Harry Halbreich
- ISWC: T0708479519
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
Street traffic, radio traffic reports, weather forecasts. Winter ambiance in Montréal. Everyday sounds, from urban banality which are sporadically confronted — during a pause in the urban rumble — by a chord on the piano, as if it had escaped though a half-opened window. Nostalgic color, a little too sweet, that seems to come from elsewhere, from another era, another city.
Petite musique sentimentale [Miniature Sentimental Music] was realized at the composer’s studio in 1984 and premiered by the pianist Anne Berteletti on January 20, 1985, at the Studio 106 of Radio France in Paris. This piece was commissioned by Belgium National Radio´s producer Harry Halbreich.
- January 20, 1985, Anne Berteletti, piano • Perspectives du XXe siècle: Carte blanche à Harry Halbreich, Studio 106 Sacha Guitry — Maison de Radio France, Paris (France)
- 1984, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
About this recording
This version of Petite musique sentimentale was performed by Jacques Drouin, recorded at the McGill University Recording Studio in May 1991 (engineer: Peter Cook), and mixed at the composer’s studio in June 1991.
- 1991-05, Peter Cook, engineer • Recording Studio — McGill University, Montréal (Québec)
- 1991-06, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
Petite musique sentimentale (1984, 10:11) by Yves Daoust