- Year of composition: 1997
- Duration: 15:35
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- Commission: ACREQ, with support from the CCA
- ISWC: T0704807431
Troposphère is a suite of four short works in minimalist style. It was realized through a heuristic composition process by stratifying layers of sound. The troposphere is that part of the atmosphere between the ground and the stratosphere (which in turn begins between 6 and 17 km above the ground).
Troposphère was realized at the composer’s studio in March and April 1997 and premiered on May 1, 1997 during the concert “Haute tension” presented by ACREQ at Usine C in Montréal. It was a commission by ACREQ that was made possible with the help of the Canada Council for the Arts (CCA). With thanks to Chantal Fournier, whose voice is heard on the final piece.
- May 1, 1997, Haute tension, Usine C, Montréal (Québec)
- 1997-03, Personal studio, Quebec City (Québec)
- 1997-04, Personal studio, Quebec City (Québec)