- Year of composition: 2000
- Duration: 13:50
- Instrumentation: 8-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9247796801
How can natural energy impart the dynamic of the unreal to the real, and of the real to the unreal? What are the points of contact that make free-flow between the two possible? These are some of the questions that this piece raises.
[English translation: Tom Carter]
Dreamlike Shudder in an Airstream Part 1: for a crumpled woman was realized, with support from the Communauté française de Belgique, at the composer’s studio in 2000 and premiered in March 2000 during a concert produced by ARTeM (Art, recherche, technologie et musique [Art, Research, Technology, and Music]) in Brussels (Belgium). I would like to thank Charo, Axel and Wim for the part they played in the creation of the work. Dreamlike Shudder in an Airstream Part 1: for a crumpled woman received a jointly awarded Public’s Prize at the Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition, Métamorphoses 2000 (Brussels, Belgium) and was recorded in 2000 on the disc Métamorphoses 2000, Musiques & Recherches (MR 2000).
- March 19, 2000, Mouvements croisés, Théâtre Les Tanneurs, Brussels (Belgium)
- Public prize ex æquo, 1st Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition Métamorphoses 2000, Ohain (Belgium)
- 2000, Personal studio, Brussels (Belgium)