- Year of composition: 2001-02, 11
- Duration: 9:37
- Instrumentation: fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- ISWC: T0718305180
Using a few natural sounds, comb filters, and other digital signal processing techniques, Allamuchy explores moving through and being surrounded by various densities of substance. Broad motions and energies coexist with a counterpoint of purely musical elements. The latter suggests internal perspectives which are part of a non-temporal but narrative-like set of impressions. These ultimately dissipate, allowing a return to ordinary time. The natural sounds were recorded in a state park in the days immediately following September 11, 2001; with no planes in the air, the minute sounds of insects were especially poignant and clear to the ear.
Allamuchy was realized in 2001-02 at the composer’s studio in New York City (NY, USA) and premiered on November 1, 2003 at the Third Practice Electroacoustic Music Festival (3P03) at the University of Richmond (VA, USA). Allamuchy has been previously released in 2006 on the compact disc Electroacoustic Music VII (Neuma Records, NMA 450105). The current version was revised in the summer of 2011.
- November 1, 2003, 3P03 Third Practice Electroacoustic Music Festival, University of Richmond, Richmond (Virginia, USA)
- 2001 – 2002, Personal studio, New York City (New York, USA)
- 2011-06 – 2011-08, Personal studio, New York City (New York, USA)