- Year of composition: 1995
- Duration: 11:53
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T0102852958
Rather than Reflets dans l’eau (Reflections in water), the composer reflects, among others, on spinning bicycle spokes (Mouvement?) — a banal sound of childhood play and ecological transport refracted, reflected and re-imagined: re-imaged.
The composer as conjurer — Russell’s modern man in a darkened room seeking a sacred, primal experience. Here, it is music… and the composer is in the role of shaman-magician.
Am I hallucinating? Am I hearing? Am I dreaming? I am listening… ” — Joseph Anderson
Altered Images was realized in summer 1995 in the Electroacoustic Music Studios of the University of Birmingham (UK) and the studios of Northern College (Aberdeen, Scotland) and premiered on January 23, 1996 at Concordia University (Montréal). It was awarded the 2nd prize at the 2nd Concurso Internacional de Música Eletroacústica de São Paulo (CIMESP ’97, Brazil).
- January 23, 1996, Series 14 — Concert 8, Salle de concert — Université Concordia, Montréal (Québec)
- 1995-06 – 1995-08, Electroacoustic Music Studios — University of Birmingham, Birmingham (England, UK)
- 1995-06 – 1995-08, Electroacoustic Music Studio — Northern College, Aberdeen (Scotland, UK)