- Year of composition: 2001-02
- Duration: 14:01
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T0719863010
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
To my bike-riding friend
Electronic sounds, oral noises, breathing, crowds, lifts, street corners, mechanical objects.
Using outdoor mass events (demonstrations, gatherings, parades, noisy bars) as a starting point, my first intention was to picture the struggle between antibodies and viruses and the auditory point of view of the patient surrounded by machines in a hospital room. Then, as I was in the process of creating this piece, came the story of a friend who was, for an instant, in someone else’s blind spot. This incident penetrated the form and content of Angle mort. Cinema for the ear, microscopic projections.
[English translation: François Couture, i-04]
Angle mort [Blind Spot] was realized in 2001-02 at the composer’s studio in Montréal and premiered on October 30, 2002 during the concert Tentacules.03, presented by Codes d’accès in Montréal. Thanks to the Canada Council for the Arts (CCA). Angle mort received the public’s prize at the 2nd Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition Métamorphoses 2002 (Brussels, Belgium) and was recorded in 2002 on the CD Métamorphoses 2002, Musiques & Recherches (MR 2002).
- October 30, 2002, Tentacules.03, La Sala Rossa, Montréal (Québec)
- Mention, 2nd Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition Métamorphoses 2002, Ohain (Belgium)
- Public prize, 2nd Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition Métamorphoses 2002, Ohain (Belgium)
- 2001 – 2002, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)