- Year of composition: 2008-09
- Duration: 10:44
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- Commission: Folkmar Hein
- ISWC: T9167476348
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
To Folkmar Hein
Part of the sound materials of this piece comes from recordings made in the apartment of Folkmar Hein, the sponsor of this work. These many and various materials (grandfather clock, sliding doors, dish noises, thumps on various pieces of furniture, coffee machine, ancient scales, food processor, heating system, gas stove, range hoods, shawm, zither, refrigerator, birds heard from the balcony, as well as the bells of the Rathaus Schöneberg) can be perceived with a very special colour for the dedicatee of this piece. I completed this list by integrating to it a multitude of concrete sounds, and I also tried to breathe poetry into this everyday universe to carry it to far-away imaginary worlds of blacks and reds.
Les lointains noirs et rouges [The Distant Blacks and Reds] was realized in 2008-09 in the studios of the Technische Universität (TU) in Berlin (Germany) and at the composer’s studio in Montréal. The work premiered on January 25, 2009 during the Ultraschall festival at the Haus des Rundfunks (Berlin, Germany). It was commissioned by Folkmar Hein. Thanks to Folkmar Hein, and Ingrid Beirer. The work was awarded the Special mention Musiques & Recherches at the 4th Destellos Electroacoustic Composition Competition (Mar del Plata, Argentina, 2011).
- January 25, 2009, Ultraschall 2009: Das Elektronische Studio der TU Berlin, Großer Sendesaal des rbb — Haus des Rundfunks, Berlin (Germany)
- Special Mention Musiques & Recherches, Fixed medium, 4th Destellos Competition 2011, Mar del Plata (Argentina)
- 2008 – 2009, Elektronisches Studios — Technische Universität Berlin (TU), Berlin (Germany)
About this recording
Remixed by the composeer in 2015.
- 2009, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- 2015, Personal studio, Drummondville (Québec)