- Year of composition: 2013
- Duration: 24:44
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9133842270 / T9264729897
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
T.A.G. (trottoir, asphalte, goudron: sidewalk, asphalt, tar) is a work inspired by crowds of demonstrators, and more particularly by the energized shapes that become flood, drift and multitude. The mass drifts and undulates, subjected to sudden bifurcations, breakthroughs, and tensions charged with colliding multitudinous, heterogeneous beings. The sounds, mainly synthesized, are simultaneously organic and urban in their subterranean movements, breakaways, accelerations, and walls of resistance.
T.A.G. was realized in 2013 at the composer’s studio in Montréal (Quebec) and premiered on October 24, 2013 as part of the Akousma X festival presented by Réseaux des arts médiatiques at Usine C (Montréal, Québec). T.A.G. was finalist for the “Premiere of the Year” award at the 18th Prix Opus 2013-14 of the Conseil québécois de la musique (CQM).
- October 24, 2013, Akousma X: Espace commun, Usine C, Montréal (Québec)
- 2013, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
About this recording
This version was mastered by Christian Bouchard in February-March 2018 in Montréal.
- 2018-02 – 2018-03-12, Christian Bouchard • Montréal (Québec)