- Year of composition: 1987
- Duration: 16:13
- Instrumentation: MIDI percussion and interactive system
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- Commission: Trevor Tureski, with support from the CCA
- ISWC: T0704868132
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
The software for Obeying the Laws of Physics defines an interactive environment consisting of four timbral regions — each representing a different instrumental family. The percussionist explores each region and controls transitions from one to another using cues derived from specific percussion playing techniques.
The computer knows no precomposed score — the performance is completely controlled by the percussionist and requires no intervention on the part of a computer operator.
- October 1987, Trevor Tureski, percussion • Concert, The Banff Centre for the Arts, Banff (Alberta, Canada)
About this recording
The present recording was realized at the Luscar Studio of The Banff Centre for the Arts in July 1990.
- Trevor Tureski, percussion
- 1990-07, Brian Ales, engineer; Kevin Elliott, assistant • Luscar Studio — The Banff Centre for the Arts, Banff (Alberta, Canada)